Halloween & Thanksgiving

Happy Holidays. It's been a short while since I last blogged. How do you moms with several young children find the time to blog??? I just can't seem to make it happen despite the many requests from out of town grandparents and friends for updated pics of our rapidly growing little men. So since there's absolutely no way I am going to go back and make a post for each holiday, this will be a quick recap of Halloween and Thanksgiving...

Halloween...we could NOT believe that Gage wore this costume. Those of you who know Gage know that he does not wear things on his head or face or hands or feet. But he loved this costume and loved being a tiger and loved all of the attention he got when he wore it. He wanted to wear it around the house all day. This pic is at the ward Trunk or Treat. Since I didn't let Gage have sugar until he was 2, this was his first time trick or treating after finding out that candy is GOOD. This bit of enlightenment makes a big difference in the motivation to trick or treat. :)



Grampa Pasko helped Gage carve his first ever jack-o-lantern.

Gage's birthmom and her son, Jacob went trick or treating with us on Halloween.

Thanksgiving...We went to California for Thanksgiving with Kyle's dad. The trip there was very eventful. The highlights were...running out of gas, getting a flat tire, finding out that the caliper (or something like that) had fallen off the brake, a couple hours at the gas station waiting for the tow truck while our very tired children were crying and running amuck, a very interesting and carseat-less ride in the primitive tow truck to the next town nearly an hour away while the aforementioned children screamed for the first 30 minutes, an hour long wait at the mechanic shop that by some miracle stayed open past 10pm on a holiday weekend to save people like us, and then a nice quiet drive the rest of the way to Steve's house in Sierra Madre. We have never been so happy to arrive somewhere in our life. But it was so fun hanging out with Grampa Pasko that the trip from h--- was soon forgotten by all. :)

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious, casual and fun (clothing optional...for Gage at least)


Sierra Madre has a really fun little festival right after Thanksgiving in their town square where they make a big man-made snow hill for sledding, live music plays, Santa comes on the fire engine and vendors sell warm cinnamon roasted almonds and hot chocolate around the huge town Christmas tree. I am not a fan of living in California, but if I could live in Sierra Madre I would be there in a minute.




By the way, the scrunched face with closed eyes is actually Gage's new "smile" for pictures. We haven't figured out how to get him to keep his eyes open unless we want him to look very surprised (as in the pumpkin carving photo). I love this age. He is so incredibly entertaining without ever trying to be.

Christmas and New Year's posts coming soon...(well, soon in Ashley time... which is probably a long time from now:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY that you finally have comments! Your boys are so cute! That drive sounds terrible, glad you all survived. P.s. on your side bar...thank you for advertising us as trying to adopt--did we owe you anything for that ?!! Hooray for that part of our lives is now completed and we are enjoying life to the fullest! Miss you!

Rebecca said...

yay!
comments are on!!
the boys are getting so big ash...they are so adorable and i love how you write your posts...so funny...lunch soon?
xoxo
rebecca

Mamacita Hall said...

I too am happy you are allowing comments now! Your boys are so super cute & I love your posts, I am a little disappointed that there hasn't been any Gage bloodshed lately! It seemed like for awhile there he was getting pretty beat up! lol We really need to try & get together some day!

MarshandKrissy said...

Oh my gosh--they are getting so big. And I can't believe how big Brigg is!! WOW!! Adorable family!!