Christmas and New Year

Okay, so I wasn't kidding about how "my" time is quite a bit longer than most. I am so behind on milestone blog posts (holidays, birthdays, important moments, etc). I don't think I will ever even attempt to do funny random posts like most of my amazing blogger friends.
So here's the rundown on Christmas...

Oh, wait, gotta back up. Right before Christmas Kyle and I went to Hawaii ALONE! Meaning sans children. I can't believe we did it. We owe it all to wonderful grandparents that our boys were thrilled to spend time with. They stayed with Kyle's parents for the first couple days and then my parents flew in from Utah and kept them for a couple days. By the time we got home, our kids thought that a day without going to the park at least twice was totally unacceptable. Needless to say, they LOVED having their time with mimi and papa and grandma and grandpa.
As for us, it was such bliss to sleep in, be as loud as we wanted as late as we wanted without worrying about waking anyone up, go out to breakfast without chasing anyone around the restaurant or cleaning up the contents of an entire salt shaker off the table, go to the pool without packing up swim diapers, floaties, swim shirts, sunscreen, drinks, snacks, blankets, binkies, etc. We loved it but did miss the boys a lot. And we didn't take many pics. I am not used to taking pictures of us. Since the boys came along the camera has transformed to only recognize shorties. :)




Brigg hates Santa. Gage got a bike from him. He loves riding it. And he loves his brain, so he's great about wearing his helmet. He also got a play kitchen (that earned us many disapproving comments from people who think kitchens are girl toys). But our boy is destined to become a great and innovative chef. He makes us dinner every night. Tonight I got pizza and a bacon salad. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm a vegetarian. :) And Kyle got a waffle-hamburger with a french fry salad.
My brother and sis in law came for Christmas breakfast and brought Gage some window paints. That's been lots of fun to clean up.
We loved Christmas this year. It was so fun to have so many friends and family visit and add to our celebrations.


No comments: