I finally found my camera charger that Gage hid, so I can upload the Easter pics to go with this post that I wrote some time ago...
I was a negligent mother this year and didn't buy new Easter outfits for the boys. I actually didn't even think about new Easter outfits until late Saturday night when I went scrounging around in their closet to find something they hadn't worn to church yet so everyone wouldn't whisper about us. (Okay, I know that really no one but me pays much attention to what my boys are wearing at church, especially because it's hard to get past the raisin tinted drool and smashed up crackers that inevitably coverGage's ensemble before sacrament meeting is even halfway over; and Brigg just stays in the sling through most of the block so no one sees his clothes.) I am sure that someday both of my boys will thank me for forgoing the matching outfits. Anyway, this was what I came up with at 11pm on Saturday night...
After church on Sunday we let Gage have his Easter basket. He was thrilled with his new book, phone, bubbles and play dough and didn't even notice the absence of sugar.
Then we went to Mimi and Papa's (Kyle's mom and step-dad) house for a delicious Easter dinner. They "hid" a few Easter eggs for Gage to find. They were pretty obvious but Gage still wanted Papa to help him scavenge around the backyard. I made the mistake of showing Gage how to throw the oranges. I thought he would take one orange and throw it around the yard to keep himself occupied for a while, but instead he plucked one orange after another off the tree and chucked them into the pool. Sorry Mimi and Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment