Brigg Joel Pasko
8 pounds
22 inches
born January 27
at 12:25pm
He's finally here!! Brigg made his very dramatic entrance into the world last Tuesday. As my last post mentioned, our induction date had been rescheduled to Thursday, the 29th and we weren't anticipating having the baby before that. But on Tuesday morning I woke up with some painful contractions so we headed to the hospital. They checked me in, told me my labor was progressing pretty quickly (as if I couldn't tell by the wickedly painful contractions) and called my doctor. Right after they transfered me from triage into a labor and delivery room they lost the baby's heartbeat for a few seconds. So they moved me around to several different positions and his heart rate stayed at 50 (it's supposed to be 110) for five minutes. Suddenly all the nurses dropped everything, started yelling for a doctor and ran me into an operating room, closed the door on Kyle and put me to sleep for an emergency C section. They brought the baby to kyle a few minutes later. All went well and Brigg is healthy, happy and huge. Apparently his umbillical cord was too short so as he descended it was pulled too tight and cut off his oxygen supply. Kind of a weird thing but we are grateful that everyone moved quickly and got him out in time. It happened so quickly that they had to do an xray of me afterward to make sure the doctor didn't leave any tools inside me. I guess they normally count all the tools before they start, then count them again after the surgery is over to make sure they have everything out but they didn't have time to count the tools before the surgery this time. Pretty crazy.
My recovery has been a lot slower and a bit more complicated than normal but I am confident that I will eventually be a fully functioning individual again. I apologize if you have called me and I haven't returned your calls. I have been on a lot of drugs and in a lot of pain and haven't really done much of anything but sleep and nurse Brigg. I promise to eventually return all the phone calls and emails and appreciate everyone's concern for us and offers to help us out.
Gage is having a difficult time adjusting to all the changes in his life right now. He was lucky enough to have his Grandma and Grandpa Greer stay with him for the four days that I was in the hospital. I think he got a little too used to being spoiled by them and was a little sad when his parents came home and life had to go back to normal...with the addition of one very sore mommy and a new baby that takes up a lot of attention. But he LOVES his little brother and tries to share all of his stuff with the baby. He's been better than I thought about being soft with the baby and hasn't tried to whack him yet. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment