Final Update on Baby Brigg

I had my last OB appointment today until baby Brigg comes. The doc said my blood pressure is going up and I am starting to retain water so he won't let me go longer than next week before inducing me. He scheduled me for induction next Tuesday morning. So we are going to say lots of prayers that Brigg comes on his own before that. I dont' know why I am so against being induced. I know everyone does it. But I have an aversion to being pumped full of weird drugs in order to force out my baby who is obviously not ready to come yet or he would have made it on his own. So as my last resort I am going to try taking Blue Cohosh on Sunday or Monday to see if it puts me into labor. My friend, Sarah recommended it (actually, she took black cohosh but the health food store said blue is more effective in starting labor so I let them talk me into that). I asked the doc about it and he said it will very likely work to start my contractions but that accidental overdose will cause too many contractions too fast and it wont' be good...whatever that means. I figure that since it's natural, it's better than the drugs they will give me at the hospital to start my contractions and I might as well give it a shot.
So at the very latest, it looks like we will be having the baby next Tuesday or Wednesday. I will post again as soon as he's here!!

No comments: