Gage's First Haircut

I took Gage to get his first haircut a few days ago. I was very nervous about this so we put it off so long that he was starting to grow a mullet and people have been commenting often on how long his hair is. I know they don't mean this in a good way... :) But Gage is terrified of strange instruments touching his head or face. He flips out when the nurse at the Dr.'s office tries to measure his head with the tape measure and we don't even consider taking his temperature with the forehead thermometer (not sure what the correct name for that is). So I picked the most kid-friendly salon I could find: Cool Cuts 4 Kids. Gage was already excited the second we walked in the door because they had a fire engine for him to sit in. And the haircut went great!! The only time he got a little freaked was when the stylist started the clippers on the back. But he held it together and came out looking so darling! He couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirror. :)


Before the haircut: (If you click on the pic to enlarge, you can see the little boy behind Gage. His mother is having the stylist cut a full-blown mullet into his hair. Parents can be so cruel.)

During the haircut:

After the haircut: Doesn't he look handsome?


No comments: