Do I really have to do THAT???

We went to our first childbirth education class last night. I was enlightened and terrified. I found out that effacement actually has something to do with the thinning of the cervix, not the direction the baby is facing as I had previously thought. Am I a complete idiot?? We were supposed to name all the parts we knew on an anatomy sheet and Kyle and I could only figure out three of them. No wonder it took us five years to get pregnant. Then, during the childbirth video I got mad at Kyle for acting grossed out and looking away when the baby was born so he tried to tell me he wasn't disgusted by the childbirth, but by how unattractive the mother was. I think I need a new childbirth coach. Any volunteers?

On another note, the doc did a 3D/4D ultrasound on baby Brigg and he looks kind of like a really cute alien version of me. We'll see if he still looks like me when he comes out. He opened and closed his eyes a few times while we were watching him. It was kind of freaky but cool. He is a stubborn baby though. We tried for 5 minutes to get him to move his hand away from his face but he was not about to cooperate for the picture. And yeah, I know that as his mother, I am probably the only person who can actually tell that this picture is of a baby...but I am sharing it anyway because when I look at it I am almost convinced that the horrors of childbirth will actually be worth it. :)

No comments: