We are having a boy! Kyle and I were totally shocked, but very excited. When the doctor told us it was a boy, we actually made him double check (twice) because we couldn't believe it. Poor guy is very much a boy, although, he may have to get over a bit of a complex as a result of being called girl names for the past few months. Kyle's mom even started making a pink flowered quilt for him. Clearly my mother's intuition isn't so great when I am the one pregnant with the baby.
But I am so glad we are having another boy. Now the boys can share a room and I don't have to stress about decorating a new nursery. And I have SO many cute boy clothes thanks to all our friends and family who gave us darling gifts and hand-me-downs. And Gage really needs a brother. No doubt about it, he is definitely going to need someone to wrestle with. :) Gage has a biological brother, Jacob, that we see once or twice a year. I always hoped we would have a boy someday so Gage didn't feel like he was missing out on something by not growing up with his brother. And most importantly, I suck and doing little girl's hair. My girl would have been such a ragamuffin. :)
Kyle is excited but also a little disappointed. He has always wanted a daddy's girl. And I have always said I could only handle two kids and I am totally fine with having only boys. His first reaction when we found out it was a boy was to tell me, "well, now we have to have another one". Not sure I want to risk having THREE boys. But, obviously the Lord seems to have an interesting plan for our family, so who knows...maybe after these two boys settle down a little we might be brave enough to go for another baby. Maybe...
For now, we are just going to focus on trying to come up with a boy name that is as cool as the girl name we have been calling him. Any suggestions?
**And just for the record, if you know what our girl name is and you happen to like it, we are not yet relinquishing permission for anyone to use it. We aren't giving it up until we are totally 100% sure that we don't have any more children coming into our family...at which time maybe we will use it for our next dog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment