We're Pregnant!

To answer the many emails I have gotten in response to my last post (sorry, I will respond to each of your emails eventually, but for now...), here are the details:


I am 15 weeks pregnant. Yep, me. Pregnant with a real, live baby. Crazy, huh?


Yes, this was a total surprise to us. We were not trying to get pregnant, nor did we have any desire to get pregnant at the time. I know that sounds ungrateful, but we were very excited about pursuing our second adoption and were right in the middle of our recertification when we found out. Our first adoption was such a wonderful experience that we no longer had a burning desire to get a baby any other way. And we have already been through a couple miscarriages (not so fun). But pregnancy is interesting and I am getting used to it, so it's not too bad. We are very excited about having another baby.


I am still at moderate risk of having something go wrong with this pregnancy. The doctor thinks everything is looking really good right now and has moved me from high risk to only moderate risk, but there are some complications that may pose a problem later in the pregnancy. So we are just praying a lot and trying to have faith that everything will work out the way it's supposed to.


We find out in two weeks (Aug 6) if we are having a boy or a girl. Kyle and I both think it's a girl, so it will probably be a boy.


I am feeling fine now. I was very nauseous all through my first trimester, but never threw up. I just spent all day and most of the night wishing I could.


Yes, I do look pregnant. I have no idea why I am showing so early. We originally wanted to wait until next month before telling anyone, but it's becoming fairly obvious that I am either getting really fat, or really pregnant so I didn't have much choice but to set the record straight. :)


No, I do not think that adopting is a cure for infertility. :) Before we adopted Gage, everyone told us that as soon as we adopted we were going to get pregnant. There is no part of me that believes in that crazy idea. I know without a doubt that the reason we couldn't get pregnant before was because we were supposed to adopt Gage. I don't know why Heavenly Father sent our first baby to us through adoption, and I don't know why He is sending this baby to us through pregnancy, but I have learned through much experience that Heavenly Father has a plan and that His plan is always going to be better than my plan. So we are happy that He is in control and we are learning many great lessons about Faith.


Thats about it. Thanks everyone for being so excited for us! We will keep you posted on how Gage's little brother or sister is doing on our journey through pregnancy. ;)

No comments: