The Dunes



Last weekend Kyle talked me into a trip to the sand dunes with our good friends, Katie, Jeremy and their 1 year old, Anden. I have always believed that the dunes is more of a "guys" trip than a family outing, especially when small children are involved, but I decided to be a good sport and make the best of it. So after a jam packed week of packing, prepping, shopping, and finding people to cover for us at church, we piled into the truck and toy hauler (rented for the trip) and made out toward Yuma. Kyle, Jeremy and Andrew immediately jumped on their bikes and went out for a ride when we arrived at the campsite. Gage was content pushing his John Deere tractor all around the camp while Katie and I made dinner. The first night we FROZE because no one knew how to turn on the heat in the toy hauler. Poor Gage was a posicle when we finally let him come sleep in bed with us. The next day we woke to much calmer weather and the wives spent the day playing "photographer" while the guys showed off on their dirt bikes. We had a fun night around the campfire with expertly prepared, but poorly cooked, tinfoil dinners (prepared by me and cooked by Kyle & Andrew). :) We ate a ton of smores and laughed at Katie's funny stories. Overall the trip was fun but I hold to my belief that the sand dunes is a guys trip. Girls plan too much and in the end, I'm not sure if two days of play really make two weeks worth of stress worthwhile.


Kyle was complaining about his chapped lips while we sat around the fire so I offered him my lip gloss. After a momentary hesitation at the girlyness of lipgloss, he put it on. It looks so pretty! :)



Gage spent the majority of our trip pushing his John Deere Tractor around the campsite and riding the rhino with his buddy, Anden.



Kyle showing his stuff. He looks like a tiny ant on an anthill in the pics. If you click on the photos to view them larger, it's actually pretty impressive. I had no idea he had skills...




Kyle didn't have a paddle tire on his bike so he frequently got stuck. Thinking he was digging himself out of the hole, he worked up quite a sweat giving it gas and trying to get unstuck. Finally he stopped to realize that he had only dug himself much deeper into the sand...




Kyle & Andrew played too hard and couldn't make it to bed before falling asleep.









No comments: